Who’d have thought it? Proper is 20 issues old. To celebrate this, we decided we’d go to the top of a Swedish mountain wearing nice coats. Nearly fell over lots.
The full story of this is in Issue 20.
Elsewhere in the biggest issue to date you’ll find…
– Coats. Lots of coats, from obscure, hi-tec jackets to Stone Island’s new house check. North Face purple label, and loads more.
– The artwork of Marcus Reed, taken from his forthcoming book.
– One for the hip-hop heads as we cover the work of the legendary Wilfred Limonious.
– 6876 and their Modern Studies.
– Mountains again.
– Lots of words on cold water surfing.
– Even more words on Czechoslovakia’s shoe dynasty and how it still resonates today. One of the best articles we’ve ever featured, this.
– More mountains.
– A Swedish climbing mouse.
– Fjallraven through the lens of a cult photographer.
– A rare glimpse behind the iron curtain (literally) of the Levi’s archive in San Francisco. One for the denim aficionados, this.
– More things we’ve forgotten about.
Be aware, this is definitely, absolutely a pre-order. The magazine is due for delivery the week commencing 5th September and will be posted out as soon as we have it. There are four covers and you’re paying for the one shown in this page. There will be others but we’d rather than swap them about.